Categories

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Strawberries and Sunshine


You know when you're tired and would like to pause for a while and have a donut. You'd go down the office, buy one, and after a bite of that Strawberry filled Dunkin Donut, all of a sudden, you will feel at ease and energized to move on and finish what you have to. In my life, that Dunkin Donut was Sunshine. :)

The person I am referring to is a former top manager in my last work and she preferred to be hidden under the name of Snow White for privacy purposes. Sunshine is a woman of power, grace and love. She is an epitome of the leader, lover, daughter, trainor, and 50 year old woman that I would like to be. This post is dedicated to her who inspired me to live my life to the fullest; to take things lightly and positively and more importantly, to stay grounded and kind always.

She always walks in the room with a smile on her face, light in her eyes and a warm hello. Normally, she will ask how you have been and offer you a snack or drink. She is the type of boss that knows how to completely trust her people that they are capable and at their best when executing tasks. She is the type who will reward you well after a job well done and provide you "the talk" when she knows you have something to improve on. More importantly, she knows how to correct people with love.

With so much love, that I have realized after a year that our heart to heart talk was one of the foundations of why I pushed myself to become better at my work then. I am embracing openness and vulnerability as I share a part of the loving email she sent me.



Her courage and love worked. She was frank and very clear with her intentions. And because I would like to share the light she is giving in my life, I asked her to answer some answer some of the questions from our magical query box and convinced her to share! (Yey!)


Name the Top 3 Dream Jobs you’d like to have
"Christiane Amanpour in CNN, President’s Chief of Staff or President of the Philippines and to where my passion is; preparing special trips for people in a cost-effective way"

(Side Note: One of the things I love about her is that she is well-traveled and she has been to a lot of places around the globe.)

What images come to your mind when you are asked about your childhood?
"Beaches and pine trees. Also airplanes. That's because when i was young we always go to Baguio, Batangas, and ride airplanes all the time."

You are the judge for the coolest book ever written, what book would get the award?
"Tuesdays with Morrie, Everything from Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Steele. You know in life, you must always be reading a book. It helps in making conversations and connecting with people more."

If you had to write a book about your life, what would be its title?
"Love, Life and Relationships or Live the Moment" (Pak!)

What invention would you like to offer the world today?
"A Time Machine" (That’s so thoughtful of you ma’am J )

If you could choose one person who would remain youthful forever, who would it be?
"My Mom because she is my bestfriend and I want her to be as young as me forever"

What's the best advice you'd give to yourself today?
"Do not be impulsive and choose wisely"                

(Side Note: In need of a good advice, she always have one! ;) )

For you, what is the "perfect man" or "perfect woman"?
"A perfect man is someone who is so accomplished and secure of himself that he is capable to admit his mistakes and is sensitive enough to commiserate feelings"

If you had to be a lifeless object for a day, what would it be?
"I'd be the windows on the Empire State Building" 



Complete this sentence: " I am the only person I know who_________"
"I am the only person I know who  enlists the money (bills and coins) that go in and out of my wallet. I am the only person I know who has so many rituals before sleeping, most especially, I cannot sleep without lotion in my feet."

Describe your dream home
"Well, you are looking at it right now what's missing yet is the infinity pool"



Who would you like to meet and spend the whole day with? (Can be someone from the past)
"Oprah Winfrey. You know after everything she has been thru. And on her last interview she said: “I am at the point in my life where I am, is who I truly am and I am just learning to enjoy it.”

Which year would you wanted to last twice as long?
"1998 Brazilian Cruise"

If you were given a chance to pick the 8th natural wonder, what would you choose?
"Hmm. 8th Natural Wonder of the World will be either Reefs of Palau Micronesia or Glaciers of Alaska"





No comments:

Post a Comment